Are you thinking about running away? While deciding if runaway is the best option for you is no easy task, here is a list of questions to…
Are you thinking about running away? While deciding if runaway is the best option for you is no easy task, here is a list of questions to consider:
– What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
– What would make me stay at home?
– How will I survive?
– Is running away safe?
– Who can I count on to help me?
– Am I being realistic?
– Have I given this enough thought?
– What are my other options?
– If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
– If I return home, what will happen?
In addition to the questions above, safety should be your overall concern, whether that be safety while on the streets or at home. Running away is a tough decision and it’s not one that you should have to decide on your own. While crisis liners at the National Runaway Switchboard will not tell you if they think you should or shouldn’t run away, they can discuss options with you and explore local resources. You can speak to someone by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Also, here on the website, look for the red button in the upper rigthhand corner to chat or send an email. We also have a bulletin board.