NRS Can Help
You can't talk to your parents about what's going on. You feel a lot of pressure from your friends. School stresses you out. You want to run away from home, because you think it might be the answer.
One of your friends asks, "Should I run away? How do I run away? What are the laws against running away? Where can I go?"
You left home and and want to go back. Or, you need a shelter and don't know how to find one in your area.
You consider turning to us for help and don’t know what to expect.
These are all common situations and feelings. We are here to listen and here to help, no matter what you're going through.
If leaving home seems like the only answer to your current situation, ask yourself the questions below. If you’re still not sure what to do next, talk with a friend, call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, post a question on our bulletin board, send us an email, or start a live chat by clicking on the red button at the top of the screen.
- What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
- What would make me stay at home?
- How will I survive?
- Is running away safe?
- Who can I count on to help me?
- Am I being realistic?
- Have I given this enough thought?
- What are my other options?
- If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
- When I return home, what will happen?