Sometimes the best way to combat stress is to first try and identify what is causing it. This may take a careful analysis of what is going on in…
Sometimes the best way to combat stress is to first try and identify what is causing it. This may take a careful analysis of what is going on in your life. Are there recent changes, any deadlines or important dates approaching? Everyone needs ways to cope stress. Here is a list of 10 ways that may help to deal with stress:
– Talk to someone you trust. People who talk about their problems are usually happier and less stressed out.
– Exercise for a half hour 3 to 5 times a week. It will help.
– Try meditation. Listen to soft music as you close your eyes and breathe deeply.
– Try to get enough sleep every night – about 8 hours usually works for most people.
– Identify something you like – sports, dancing, art, music – and then do it!
– Eat well. A diet high in sugar or caffeine can increase stress.
– Spend time relaxing. Take a warm bath or shower, light a candle and put on music.
– Get to know yourself. If you feel good about who you are, you may not feel so stressed.
– Pay attention to what stresses you out. Can it be changed? Can you look at things differently and feel less stressed about them?
– Don’t depend on alcohol or drugs to help you. They may make your problems more complicated.
These tips are also available as a book mark; you can request a bundle for yourself and to pass among friends and family. If you are in need of someone to talk to, we are available to listen at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), talk over email, or chat online (click the red button up top that says “LIVE CHAT”).