Every donation to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) ensures a compassionate, trained person answers the call, email, chat, post or text when a youth is in crisis. With the support of our funders and donors, NRS is accessible 24/7/365. We value your support.
Other Ways to Give
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the world’s largest annual workplace charity campaign, with participation from Federal civilian, postal and military employees. Pledges from federal employees can be made directly to 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline listed under Children’s Charities of America. Our CFC number is 12410.
Many employers provide direct donations through payroll deduction or a United Way designation. In addition, some employers will even match employee’s donations to support charities that are important to their employees. Please check out our corporate match directory and ask your human resource team how to maximize your support to NRS.
You shop. Amazon gives. If you click this link to AmazonSmile before you start shopping, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to NRS! It’s the same Amazon you know: same products, same prices, same service. It just lets you do good while you shop.
Your gift will help the National Runaway Safeline to keep future generations of young people safe and off the street. Your gift can be used in its entirety to support current services, or it can be endowed in your name with the principal amount protected in perpetuity. To include NRS in your will, your attorney will ask for the following information:
Legal name: National Runaway Switchboard dba 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline FEIN: 36-2726331 3141 B N. Lincoln Chicago, IL 60657 773.880.9860 *Exempted from federal income tax under the provisions of Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
Estate gifts offer excellent tax benefits to benefactors:
- Bequests: Name the National Runaway Safeline as a beneficiary in a new or revised will – or add a codicil to an existing will
- Charitable remainder trust: Benefits you today and supports youth in crisis in the future
- Charitable lead trust: An irrevocable trust that pays income to the National Runaway Safeline for a period, then may transfer assets to heirs
- A life estate: A gift of home or land may allow you to retain use during your life
- Life insurance: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary
- Retirement plans: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary