Runaway Prevention: How Runaway and Homeless Youth Providers Tackle Prevention
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 | 3:00-4:30 PM CDT
Please join the National Runaway Safeline and leading youth services providers on September 25, 2019, to discuss runaway prevention and awareness efforts being implemented into communities across the country.
This webinar will focus on:
- Describing the importance of preventing runaway and homelessness episodes.
- Identifying strategies and resources to increase runaway prevention and awareness.
- Integrating runaway prevention approaches in their programs and communities.
- David Durr, Service Area Director, Lighthouse Youth and Family Services
- Christine Gendron, Executive Director and Justin Hayward, Youth Policy Specialist, Texas Network of Youth Services
- Melinda Giovengo, Chief Executive Officer, YouthCare
- Karen McHenry, Program Manager, Bellefaire JCB
- Rachel Reynolds, Outreach and Prevention Specialist, National Runaway Safeline
A Night of Magic & Wonder: Celebrating the Spirit of Youth
November 2, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Are you ready for a magical night? A night filled with tricks and slight of hand. Glowing potions and magicians. Good times for a great cause. Join the National Runaway Safeline for A Night of Magic and Wonder: Celebrating the Spirit of Youth.
This year, we’ll be celebrating the strides our community has made in our work to end youth homelessness, witness an enchanting performance by Magic Penthouse and announce a new campaign and join together in a quest to end youth homelessness.
National Runaway Prevention Month
November is National Runaway Prevention Month (NRPM), a public awareness campaign designed to “Shine a Light” on the experiences of runaway and homeless youth that too often remain invisible. It is also an opportunity to spotlight the resources available to support youth in crisis throughout the nation. As part of the campaign, individuals, organizations and communities across the nation are encouraged to work together to prevent youth homelessness.