Youth Advisory Board
Let your voice be heard as a member of the NRS Youth Advisory Board
The purpose of the NRS Youth Advisory Board is to elevate the voices of young, talented, brilliant and passionate activists. Members use their lived experience of running away, homelessness, or housing insecurity to advocate nationally for young people in crisis. In addition, the Youth Advisory Board is uniquely qualified and tasked to continuously align NRS’s priorities with those of the young people we intend to serve. Members also play a vital role in our program development, services, and communication strategies.
• To ensure youth inform and influence NRS programs, services and communication strategies;
• To align the priorities of NRS with the priorities of young people; and
• To provide professional development opportunities for participating youth such as training, speaking engagements and resume building.
• Be 18 to 25 years old at the time of applying; and
• Have experience with running away, being expelled from home, housing instability and/or homelessness.