Youth Advisory Board
Let your voice be heard as a member of the NRS Youth Advisory Board
The NRS Youth Advisory Board contributes to the development of our programs, services and communication strategies. In addition to influencing our work, Youth Advisory Board members across the nation engage with one another on projects that have a meaningful impact on the way we serve youth in crisis and prevent youth homelessness. As experts of their own lived experiences, young people’s perspective is invaluable to shaping the future of NRS.
• To ensure youth inform and influence NRS programs, services and communication strategies;
• To align the priorities of NRS with the priorities of young people; and
• To provide professional development opportunities for participating youth such as training, speaking engagements and resume building.
• Be 18 to 25 years old at the time of applying; and
• Have experience with running away, being expelled from home, housing instability and/or homelessness.
• Participate in group conversations to provide insight and feedback in education and outreach initiatives, development of materials, digital content (website, social media, etc.) and other areas depending on YAB members’ interests and priorities;
• Join a minimum of nine video conference calls throughout the calendar year (after completing first term, members may reapply); and
• NRS will compensate YAB members and provide opportunities for participants to grow professionally.